Ensure that the pipeline at the installation position of the ball valve is in the coaxial position, and the two flanges on the pipeline should be kept parallel to confirm that the pipeline can bear the weight of the ball valve itself. If it is found that the pipeline cannot bear the weight of the ball valve, provide corresponding support for the pipeline before installation.
1. Confirm the preparation of the ball valve before installation
1. Ensure that the pipeline at the installation position of the ball valve is in the coaxial position, and the two flanges on the pipeline should be kept parallel to confirm that the pipeline can bear the weight of the ball valve itself. If it is found that the pipeline cannot bear the weight of the ball valve, provide corresponding support for the pipeline before installation.
2. Confirm whether there are impurities, welding slag, etc. in the pipeline, and the pipeline must be cleaned.
3. Check the nameplate of the ball valve, and perform full-opening and full-closing operations on the ball valve several times to confirm that the valve can work normally, and then comprehensively check the details of the valve to ensure that the valve is intact.
4. Remove the protective cover at both ends of the valve, check whether the valve body is clean, and clean the valve body cavity. Since the sealing surface of the ball valve is spherical, even small debris may cause damage to the sealing surface.
2. Installation of ball valve
1. Any section of the ball valve can be installed at the upstream end, and the handle ball valve can be installed at any position in the pipeline. If a ball valve with an actuator (such as a gear box, electro-pneumatic actuator) is configured, it must be installed vertically, at the inlet and outlet of the valve. in a horizontal position.
2. Install a gasket between the ball valve flange and the pipeline flange according to the pipeline design requirements.
3. The bolts on the flange should be tightened symmetrically, sequentially and evenly.
4. If the ball valve adopts pneumatic, electric and other actuators, complete the installation of the air source and power supply according to the instructions.
3. Inspection after ball valve installation
1. After installation, start the ball valve to open and close several times. It should be flexible and uniform, and the ball valve should work normally.
2. According to the design requirements of pipeline pressure, check the sealing performance of the joint surface between the ball valve and the pipeline flange after the pressure is applied.
Fourth, the maintenance of the ball valve
1. The ball valve can be disassembled and disassembled only after the pressure before and after the ball valve is removed.
2. In the process of disassembly and reassembly of the ball valve, it is necessary to protect the sealing parts, especially the non-metallic parts. It is best to use special tools for parts such as O-rings.
3. When the ball valve body is reassembled, the bolts must be tightened symmetrically, gradually and evenly.
4. The cleaning agent should be compatible with the rubber parts, plastic parts, metal parts and working medium (such as gas) in the ball valve. When the working medium is gas, gasoline (GB484-89) can be used to clean metal parts. Clean non-metallic parts with pure water or alcohol.
5. The decomposed single parts can be cleaned by dipping. The metal parts with non-metallic parts that are not decomposed can be scrubbed with a dry rotor pump with a fine and clean cloth impregnated with cleaning agent (to prevent fibers from falling off and adhering to the parts). When cleaning, all grease, dirt, glue, dust, etc. adhering to the wall must be removed.
6. Non-metal parts should be removed from the cleaning agent immediately after cleaning, and should not be soaked for a long time.
7. After cleaning, it needs to be assembled after the cleaning agent on the wall to be washed has volatilized (it can be wiped with a silk cloth that has not been soaked in the cleaning agent), but it should not be put on hold for a long time, otherwise it will rust and be polluted by dust.
8. New parts also need to be cleaned before assembly.
9. Lubricate with grease. Grease should be compatible with ball valve metal materials, rubber parts, plastic parts and working medium. When the working medium is gas, grease can be used. Apply a thin layer of grease on the surface of the seal installation groove, apply a thin layer of grease on the rubber seal, and apply a thin layer of grease on the sealing surface and friction surface of the valve stem.
10. Metal chips, fibers, grease (except those specified for use), dust and other impurities, foreign objects should not be allowed to contaminate, adhere or stay on the surface of the parts or enter the inner cavity during assembly.
Post time: Aug-22-2022