Among various types of valves, gate valves are the most widely used. Gate valve refers to a valve whose gate plate moves in the vertical direction of the channel axis. It is mainly used to cut off the medium on the pipeline, that is, fully open or fully closed. Generally, gate valves cannot be used as throttling. It can be used for high temperature and high pressure, and can be used for a variety of different media. Gate valves are generally not used in pipelines that transport mud and viscous fluids.
The gate valve has the following advantages:
1. Small fluid resistance;
2. The torque required for opening and closing is small;
3. It can be used on the ring network pipeline where the medium flows in two directions, that is to say, the flow direction of the medium is not restricted;
4. When fully open, the erosion of the sealing surface by the working medium is smaller than that of the globe valve;
5. The shape is relatively simple and the manufacturing process is better;
6. The length of the structure is relatively small.
Because gate valves have many advantages, they are widely used. Usually, the pipeline with nominal size ≥ DN50 is used as the device to cut off the medium, and even on some small-diameter pipelines (such as DN15~DN40), some gate valves are still reserved.
Gate valves also have some disadvantages, mainly:
1. The overall dimensions and opening height are large, and the required installation space is also large.
2. During the opening and closing process, there is relative friction between the sealing surfaces, and the wear is large, and it is even easy to cause scratches.
3. Generally, gate valves have two sealing pairs, which adds some difficulties to processing, grinding and maintenance.
4. The opening and closing time is longer.
Post time: Aug-24-2022